COVID 19 Resources
Coalition Program Partners
The Fall 2020 Semester and COVID 19
Do’s, Don’ts, Reputational Risks and the Legal Environment
The Coalition, HRP, and Womble Bond Dickenson recently presented a webinar that focused on:
- Developing and implementing preparedness and response plans for Fall 2020
- Litigation and reputational risks
- The latest CDC guidance
- Best practices to support a safe and healthy campus community
Watch the recorded webinar HERE.
Access the printable Covid 19 posters from the CDC HERE.
As a Coalition program partner, AffinityLTC wants to share our cyber solution for continuing our voluntary benefit offering to your institution during this pandemic and beyond, if needed. Our response to the COVID-19 outbreak will allow for a virtual enrollment package that will offer the same rich benefits, easy fact finding and shopping, and a simplified online enrollment process that can all be done easily from the convenience of your employees’ (and their family members) homes and computers.
Unlike your other employer benefits, which may require face to face meetings, group meetings, hands-on assistance from the carrier for the reviews, and benefit changes/additions requiring your human resource department’s participation to enroll, our program was able to pivot to a virtual open enrollment program. We can market, educate and enroll extended family members and employees from A to Z with no face to face meetings required. In addition, our customer service approach has been, and will continue to be, available online, by phone or by email 24/7 and year-round to all HR staff, your employees and their family members.
Contact Amy Ewbank at AffinityLTC for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 737-3060 x301
PROTECT YOUR STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND
CLINICAL ROTATION SITES FROM THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
Covid 19 Compliance
Infectious Disease Screening Solutions
Monitoring Solutions for Students and Employees Returning to Campus
E&I business partners
that may be able to help you secure products you need in five key categories:
Safety and Travel
Contact your Member Relations Representative for additional information
**In response to the Covid 19 crisis, Fastenal is working harder than ever with suppliers to keep the cleaning and safely supplies you need available. For fastest service, they recommend:
- Know exactly what you want when ordering
- Have a PO ready
- Request only 4 weeks of product
Fastenal also recommends creating a Cleaning Plan that includes specifics on frequency and intensity of cleaning and disinfecting to help keep the risk of infection low as students, faculty, and staff return to campus. Let stake holders know you are committed to keeping students and employees safe.
CDC Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting Facilities
Learn What FASTENAL is Doing To Keep You Safe
Information & Policy Changes
As the COVID-19 health crisis continues to evolve, UnitedHealthcareStudentResources has responded with several policy changes to ensure that members continue to receive top-notch care. In addition to waiving many costs and exclusions associated with the virus, we have added new support services to help students stay mentally and physically healthy.
- All costs for COVID-19 testing at approved locations will be now be waived, as well as any copays, deductibles, or coinsurance costs associated with physician’s visits for COVID-19 testing.
- Member cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatment will be waived through May 31, 2020. Additionally, any referral requirements for COVID-19 testing or treatment will be waived as well.
- For any policies with an exclusion for services in their home country, the exclusion will be waived for the remainder of the 19-20 policy year. Between March 31, 2020 and June 18, 2020, UHCSR will waive costs for in-network tele-health services, for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related visits.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES & CHANGES
- Optum has opened an Emotional-Support Help Line to assist members with any anxiety or stress connected to recent COVID-19 developments. This service offers 24/7 access to mental health specialists and may be reached at 866-342-6892.
- All members now have access to Global Care through their HealthiestYou app, which allows visits from outside the U.S. at no charge. This app also offers a new Symptom Checker, which will guide members through their symptoms and help determine what steps they should take.
- OptumRx members may request an early prescription refill through their pharmacy to ensure they have enough medication on hand.
- Student Health Center claims will no longer be denied due to timely filing in light of recent SHC staff shortages.
You can find more detailed information about these changes through our First Student site or by reading our COVID-19 General Information and COVID-19 Claims FAQ.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us at 267-880-2300.
COVID-19 is placing your Accounts Payable Department practices to the Test
Accounts Payable (AP) transactional oversight, compliance, and quality assurance has never been as critical. COVID-19’s “forced decentralization” has companies severely struggling to process and monitor AP transactions.
To make matters worse, opportunistic fraudsters are taking full advantage of the pandemic’s disruption, increasingly trying to exploit confusions as colleges and universities transition to remote operations. More than ever before, higher ed institutions require careful oversight of their payments while issuing clear compliance guidelines to staff in order to avoid falling victim to tricks such as phishing attacks.
FISCAL has a special offer for Coalition Members –
Forensic Payables Analysis
At NO-COST and minimal time investment, we will provide your finance team with:
- A detailed independent forensic analysis of your historical vendor spend
- Identification of immediate cost savings from vendor trends
- Identification of your highest-risk vendors and payments
- Red flags for areas of poor control and non-compliance
- A dashboard of actionable insights to support your vendor portfolio
- Notifications of unexpected changes to your vendor details, and incorrect vendor data
- Priorities for P2P process improvement, performance and controls
Contact FISCAL’s US Education Practice Lead to get started.
Rich McCombs | 312.545.3243 | email@example.com
IMA's Covid 19 Alert Center
Find up to the minute information about how to protect your organization and employees.
- Legislative and Compliance Alerts
- FFCRA Guidance
- CARES Act
- Business Interruption Loss
- Review of Force Majure Clauses
- Cyber Risk Management
- Best Practices for Facilities Shutdowns
- Overviews of insurance coverages available
- Weekly Webinars - Covid 19 Updates and Q&A
- Return to Work Resources
COVID 19 Policy Adaptations
The Coalition, in partnership with Pan-American Life Insurance Company (PALIC), have created cost-saving initiatives that address your intercollegiate sports exposure, offered exclusively through Borden Perlman Sports:
The coverage and discounted rates are unique to Coalition member institutions.
- “Pay as you Play” Feature: Deferred cost and more certainty regarding canceled or truncated participation
- First payment due 30 days after students return to campus
- Tech Credit: Reducing cost for injury-tracking systems and providing claims-handling synergies
- Availability of multiple-year guaranteed cost programs
- Transparent fees, no hidden costs
- Coalition schools receive:
- Post Critical Incident Counseling Benefit
- Concussion Benefit
- Return of Remains Benefit
With 30 years’ experience in this very specialized market, Borden Perlman Sports is uniquely positioned as the exclusive distribution partner for this initiative.
Contact Kelly Myers, Vice President/Founder, BPSports
Make Payments from Anywhere with Paymerang
**In response to the Covid 19 crisis, Paymerang is working to reduce its usual 30-day implementation timeline to as little as 7 days where possible.**
stand-alone solution for securely delivering federal CARES Act payments to students via eCheck
Paymerang's Epayment Solution Supports Business Continuity
Student Refund Automation
How Paymerang ePayments Support Business Continuity for Accounts Payable
(45 minute recorded webinar)
93% of clients said implementation was easier than expected
10 hours or less of client time to implement
"With the pandemic and the need for our office to work remotely, Paymerang has become a necessity for us. We would not be able to operate remotely without it!" - Melissa Woodin, Controller, Hotchkiss School
"Implementation is easy, straightforward, and the system is very simple and user friendly." - Shelly Lammon, Controller, St. Mary's School, April 2020
"Paymerang has been a vital part of our organization's business continuity strategy in the wake of COVID 19. Our team was up and running in no time, and now we can make payments from anywhere." - Brian Haylor, CFO, Continuing Healthcare Solutions, April 2020
"Paymerang worked diligently with us to get us up and running in less than 72 hours in case we had to be out of the office due to mandatory quarantines. We can now run our AP and pay our vendors from anywhere!" - Megan Jurick, Director of Finance, Savannah Christian Preparatory School, March 2020
"Don't let time commitment hold you back as the process is simple and you will have fantastic guidance through the process." -Robin Opperman, Finance Office Director, Pine Crest Preparatory School, April 2020